Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Are you a golden oldie?


I must be the only person who has not seen this Thriller video. Posted on YouTube and seen also on Keith Olberman's show, this video just cracks me up!

I was sitting at Denny's the other day and there was this 3 year old singing along with the "Golden Oldie" piped through the sound system. It was Thriller. I, of course, am old enough to remember when this first came out.

The video was the talk of the town. We would rush home and watch MTV until it came on. We were wowed. That was like 20 years ago? Long enough to make it a "Golden Oldie", I guess.

Also on the sound system came, "Shake your Bootie" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band and "Dress you up" by Madonna. And yes, I remember when these first came out too. I guess that makes me a golden oldie, too. Who woulda thunk it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bring on those 80's tunes! woohoo!

Sharon in NE said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Unknown said...

that was hysterical!! money well spent wherever that is.

Anonymous said...

Hi I loved that video! Cool! What a big group of inmates! I've always loved Michael Jackson's music. Even took dance classes from age 39-44 wish I still was, the closest I've gotten to is Country Line Dancing and Aerobic Classes. Sometimes our leader plays Thriller and don't think anyone notices my zombie hands LOL or just laughs to herself. Anyway it makes exercise fun for me. Thanks for the fun of watching and hearing that song again! Rosy Eckhardt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin